What do you think of my Diamondback?

Scottcc

I just bought it last week for $900. It has a decent refinish job and came with 2 sets of grips.
f5467132c418b495181cdc4e6ba4216f.jpg

97a11347dccb9f9f25bb14687db60a7f.jpg

82a119a7f6ea09c5b58d334cd270b54b.jpg

3b1f4880becaaa31ea6a165fb8e57123.jpg

46978e929a9969637b0658231c512f48.jpg

4babdef2300260fe1270c32c07c3e3d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

They are great guns. Have been looking for a 4 inch in .22 for awhile. Not sure I care for the matte black finish. I have several old Colts and their blueing is as good as it got. Enjoy yours!

Hoping I'm wrong !!!

With all due respect and hoping that I'm totally "off-base", I have never seen a
factory finish like this on a Diamondback or for that matter any of the other vipers. They are all beautiful handguns. …… :)

Be Safe !!!

I think it’s a “shooter” not a “looker” and I like it!

If it had the old deep Colt bluing, the kind where you quietly lose your soul staring in to its depths, I couldn’t bring myself to shoot it for fear of scratching it.

My opinion, that’s a good enough looking finish to warrant pictures but not so rare I would not carry it in the field. $900? I think you did good!

Terrific looking. How does it shoot? No funny stuff here everyone
It has problems with light primer strikes shooting PMC 132 gr in double action, it will fire them single action. No problem with firing federal primers. I believe someone adjusted the V spring a bit too light. It is very accurate, I can make double holes at 10 yards.

I think it’s a “shooter” not a “looker” and I like it!

If it had the old deep Colt bluing, the kind where you quietly lose your soul staring in to its depths, I couldn’t bring myself to shoot it for fear of scratching it.

My opinion, that’s a good enough looking finish to warrant pictures but not so rare I would not carry it in the field. $900? I think you did good!
You basically summed up my reason for buying it. For what it is $900 isn't too bad a price.

Is this a Colt factory finish???

Guess I should have been more direct in my previous reply. I have shot a number of these and there is no question that these go beyond just looking beautiful as they have some of the best triggers I have felt. …. :)

My question is;
Is this a Colt factory finish option or aftermarket?

Be Safe !!!

I agree... gorgeous revolver. I have an SP101 and a Chiapa Rhino, both 357 Mag that will of course also shoot 38SPL as well as an old beat up Colt Police Positive in 38SPL, but would love to have a more modern beautiful looking revolver like this. I'll have to keep my eye open for one. Thanks for sharing OP.

Guess I should have been more direct in my previous reply. I have shot a number of these and there is no question that these go beyond just looking beautiful as they have some of the best triggers I have felt. …. :)

My question is;

Is this a Colt factory finish option or aftermarket?

Be Safe !!!
I'm not sure who did the refinish. I doubt it was Colt, but from what I can see it was an excellent job. It had to be completely disassembled, and attention was given to each part.

I didn't notice until a few day after I bought it. The barrel crown still had the original finish.
2f04d98bd2f44a68e920c5a29abc3920.jpg

Very nice and thanks for posting

I'm not sure who did the refinish. I doubt it was Colt, but from what I can see it was an excellent job.
There it is a an item that I did not notice before and that is the original grips as well as a new set. Those grips are worth some bucks. At our last G.S. I saw two of these with the original finish. I know I would not shoot those as often as you are going to shoot yours. ……. :)

Enjoy and;
Be Safe !!!

The only Diamondback I ever had was a 6" gun in .22 R.F. I was on the lookout for a long time looking for a .38 with a 2 1/2" (or so) barrel, as I thought that would make an excellent holster gun. Never found one at a price I wanted to pay so gave up on the idea.

At one time I had some correspondence with Colt about the possibility of resurrecting the New Service, and giving it the Python treatment and offering a three gun pack on large, medium, and small frame revolvers. Y'all can see where that got!

I did have a Colt Officers Model Match in .22 and thought the Diamondback was much more suited to the little rimfire. Both guns were the ultimate of the Colt DA revolvers, along with the Python.

Bob Wright

I bought a 4" 38 & 22 when they first came out. The 22 didn't shoot as well as a K22 so I
traded it off. The 38 was deadly accurate. It shot better than my S&W 15.

I bought a 4" 38 & 22 when they first came out. The 22 didn't shoot as well as a K22 so I
traded it off. The 38 was deadly accurate. It shot better than my S&W 15.
Do you still have the. 38?

No, actually I got into S&Ws and pre 64 M70 back then and traded it off. I don't remember what I traded it on but my Dad was peeved I traded it. Had a few since but they were traded off.

Back