what do you store your speedloaders in for IDPA?

Speed Loader Pouch

I use a Bianchi speed loader pouch for carry & IDPA. It holds two HKS speed loaders. I may buy a single pouch for carry-only purposes pretty soon.

Good luck.............

I use old police double loader made for K frame. I put one layer of masking tape around my HKS 686 loaders and forced them in after dousing the leather with rubbing alcohol. After they dried, the loaders stay in till pulled out. I wear it flaps down. Cost two bucks out of the surplus LEO stuff box.

Sam

Safariland makes a spring steel clip holder for speedloaders. It clips onto your belt in any position you want, is instantly available, and you can carry one or a bunch - positioned where ever you want. I recommend them to the revolver shooters in my CCW classes, even for concealed carry.

They cost something like $6.95 or $7.95 each.

Dave T,
If we're talking about the same springsteel loader holder (CD-2) from Safariland it's illegal in IDPA.
I asked them why and they said it isn't the type you would carry in real life. I told them I've been using one in daily carry for about 15 years and they said it was still a no-no.

http://www.safariland.com/dgcat/dgcat9.htm

By the way, the 333 loader holder is also "Illegal".

CAT,
That was the one I was talking about. Boy, do I feel stupid. I guess I'll have to get in touch with all those students I've tought and who now carry a speedloader in one of the CD-2's and tell them they can't do that any more because Bill Wilson doesn't approve.
Do you suppose this has anything to do with why I don't shoot IDPA any more?

Those Safariland speedloaders and speed loader holders are not illegal in IDPA.

Many top shooters, including those that work at IDPA Headquarters are using the spring steel Shoot-the -Moon moon clip holders in IDPA competition. They are also using Safariland Comp III speedloaders with the long spring loaded handle, held in Safariland spring steel belt clip holders.

I bought the Bainci Accumold double speedloader pouch to use last year. It has a Velcro flaps that are very fast to open. It holds speedloaders or moonclips.

This year I noticed every one else was using the spring steel clip holders. I went to those, too, to keep up. Now I also see the Comp III's in use unless the shooter is using moon clips.

Back