What do you guys think about the Mauser 1911 .22 LR ?

Blue Line is ATI/GSG. Mauser is US branded ATI/GSG, Blue Line is Canada branded.

I have zero first hand knowldge, but I would read up on comparisons of the GSG 1911 vs the Walther guns.

I've got an assumption of which will be better given how Colt, HK, S&W, etc give full rights to Walther (umarex) to make or brand market their 22lr...but I don't know either. umarex exists for air and 22lr guns. GSG exists/ed for an MP5 GSG-5 knock off.

But I'd happily be wrong in my assumption

The GSG .22LR caliber has been available for years. I first saw it at the last SHOT Show that was held ir Orlando, and that had to have been a decade ago. They are good guns, and there are some aftermarket upgrades available if you're into that sort of thing

Mine is an older version branded as a SIG SAUER 1911-22, which is a GSG. I like 1911's and this has been an excellent and fun pistol that I shoot in the local rimfire league. It is very reliable with good quality .22lr ammo. Mine likes CCI stuff and Federal Automatch as well.

I've had one of the Sig Sauer 1911-22 versions for a number of years. It has been a fun pistol and reliable. I broke mine in with CCI Mini Mags but it seems to like a variety of different 22 LR brands. It breaks down differently than a 1911. I haven't fired mine in a couple of years and really need to get it out again now that I've been able to stock up on 22 LR. Should be a number of videos out there on them.

If it'll function with Federal Automatch, it'll function with anything.

I've always had really good results with it. :)

I actually shot league with mine suppressed once. It wasn't Hollywood quiet but it was too quiet for the timers so I had to take it off. It ran fine suppressed with CCI stuff. :D

I Did purchase the Mauser, Hopefully it is a decent shooter for the kids to plink with. Any leads on Hi Cap Mag's?

I’ve had 3 of them, all used on trades. They were all like new and functioned ok. I would rate it strictly as a plinker.

My Oldest son and I took out the Mauser yesterday and it fired very well with random .22 LR rounds, My son had a few failure to fires but I am not sure if that was just the older ammo I was using. I had zero issues and I fired slow to rapid . I can not comment on accuracy and we just wanted to see if the gun would function. So Far I am happy with it.

Back