What do you clean your shotgun with?

Hoppe's #9 and elbow grease, for the most part. About once a year I drop the trigger group, and use a scrubber on it, then relube.
An oil mop goes in the bbl and all surfaces get a wipe on/wipe off with an oily patch also.

MPro-7, only because I can't use Hoppes #9 in my apartment. Now that I'm in the city I cannot go out on the porch to clean my guns any more so ventilation is a key concern.

Dewey coated rod, plastic 12 gauge jag (very useful), nylon 12 gauge brush. For the really tough lead fouling (i.e., slugs) I use a stainless tornado brush.

Lubricant is Tetra Gun lube. Doesn't evaporate as quickly as the other gun lubes on the market. Very useful for keeping your AR15 bolt carrier slimy.

Justin

------------------
Justin T. Huang, Esq.
late of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

Well, I admit I am lazy. So I find the TICO TOOL great for cleaning the bore. Hoppe cleaner on receiver and action. REM snythethic oil lightly on key parts. I use the TICO TOOL all the time.

here's another vote for the tico tool. this is really all you need, you do a couple passes down the barrel connect the oil-bob squirt on a little rem-oil and pull it through. when it gets dirty I wash the tico tool in warm soapy water.

------------------
what doesn't kill me only makes me stronger :)

Kleen bore make a big fuzzy rod that you can screw a jag into.. it cleans the crud out really quickly. (like 3 passes) I even have one for my black powder shotgun. They work really really well.. other than this tool.. ditto what dave does.

Dr.Rob

Back