What could be sweeter than finding an unfired S&W 18-4?

Hal

finding an unfired 18-3

:D

and getting both

:D

one for me and one for my Grandson,,,,,,when he's old enough :)

Quite a find...and a GREAT idea vis-a-vis the Grandson-!
I never got to know my Grandfather very well, so I cherish the one gun of his that I DID inherit...
BTW, MY "Dream Find" would probably be a NIB "Registered Magnum"...OR a NIB "pre-model number" Model 26...OR...Well, you get the idea!!!...mikey357
...and congrats AGAIN!!!

OH!

........what wonderful works of handgun art those 18's(and 17's) are! They are just perfect in every respect and I just don't think a person can wear one out by shooting it.
Whew! Now you have opened a can of worms and they are crawling all over the place----in this reguard........which ammo have you selected?
Don Mallard

T'anks guys.
here's a picture of the beauties:

stuff.msnw

I've been looking for just the right Model 18 for quite some time. I came close a year ago to getting one, but unfortunatly I didn't have the cash on me at the time and the seller wanted a sure sale and wouldn't wait. THAT one was super sweet. :( Unfired and still in the brown paper wrap for $350.00. AAAARRRRGGGG!!! The funny thing is with these 2 I wasn't even after an 18 or 17 when I went into the store. I went in to decide between a Buck Mark Commemorative, a Marlin .22 lever action and a CZ75b 25 year anniversary. Low and behold I saw what I thought at first was the same old semi nice 18 he had the last time I was in there. That one had a bit of wear at the muzzle. I looked a little closer, and noticed there wasn't any wear on the current one. I asked to see the Model 18, and the sales guy said "Which one?" ????? I didn't even notice there were 2 of them! An 18-3 AND an 18-4.

Don,
Not real sure on the ammo yet. My wife says I have to wait until after Christmas to shoot them.
LOL! Kinda funny when you think of the thread in general about sneaking a gun past the wife into the house. I want to sneak these two past the wife outta the house. :D

When I saw that question in your thread title I was gonna give you a smart-alec answer of 'TWO', but you already have that covered all by yourself.

BTW, Good find!

Congrat's-

I'm sure both of you will enjoy those great piece's.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

Hey Rae,
I've been looking for a model 18 myself. They are hard to come by in my neck of the woods. The pictures show Smiths with 6" barrels. I don't think the 18 was ever produced with 6" barrels. They look like 17's to me. Either way they are both great revolvers.

Randy

oops!

Randy63
:o
Your right. They are 17's. I just opened the cranes and verified it. The reciept and the tags in the store said 18's. I always get the two mixed up (evidently the gun store guy does too so I don't feel all that bad ;)). Thanks for catching that.

Back