What cloth do you use to wipe down rifles?

DougB

This may seem like a silly question, but my old "gun cloth" has finally fallen apart. And it wasn't that great to begin with - left lint on my ARs, AKs, and other not-so-smoothly finished rifles. Before I waste a bunch of CLP getting a new rag nice and oily, I want to be sure I have a good one. Black would probably be a good idea. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I f you mean a dry cloth I use soft flannel(little lint). Otherwise I use silicone impregnated rod and reel clothes(they do leace alot of lint though) I used to used old pairs of briefs but my fiance threatened to leave me If she found another pair laying around...go figure . My dad uses cloth diapers...new of course.

Go to the fabric store and buy some heavy cotton flanel cloth. It's very inexpensive. Cut to around 18" by 18". Squirt CLP on the cloth in lines about 2" apart. Store the cloth in a zip lock bag.

I've been making these for years. They seem to work better than the silicone treated ones.

Good Luck...

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

I use a soft terry cloth hand towel with a little Birchwood-Casey Sheath protectant on it. I also keep it in a plastic bag. Works wonders.

------------------
"No provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of the civil authority" - Thomas Jefferson

Doug, I use a product called RUSTPRUF that I bought at a gunshow. It is a chamois like cloth impregnated with the product, and sealed in a small glass jar. I bought extra product in a small bottle, and periodically pour a little in the jar with the cloth to "freshen it". Works great. Hugh

Back