What can you tell me about this Mosin Nagant?

fortkevin2

I picked this one up locally for $30. The bolt, stock and receiver match but the floor plate does not. Barrel is actually in good shape. The rifle overall is in fair shape. It looks like it was not a refurb as it's in such poor shape. That or it wasn't taken care of at all. Here are the pictures I have. The one of the barrel import mark says " M9130 Finland"

IMAG0740.jpg

IMAG0744.jpg

IMAG0741.jpg

IMAG0736.jpg

IMAG0739.jpg

IMAG0747.jpg

Nice rifle, id buy that all day for $30. Check out 7.62x54r.net for a wealth of info. SA stamps indicate the fins had it at some point but someone will be along with more knowledge.

Hex receiver, Fin re-arsenaled M91/30.
Original mfg. year was 1943 at Tula.

It doesn't look like its in the greatest condition - I've seen better but I've also seen far worse. One thing that bugs me is that I can't see from the pictures if the stock is a Finnish redone stock. The stocks redone by the Fins are tell tale - the have a joint mark kind of like this /\/\/\ on the stock all the way through it. I'm not sure if all of them have it but all the ones I've seen that were Finnish had it and I've handles about 40 of them.

Regardless in the relative condition your pictures portray of the rifle I'd say you've got a $200 to $300 gun right there. It'd be worth closer to $300 if the bore were bright and crisp... if it were in better condition and if the stock were a Finnish stock then the gun might exceed $300 in value upwards of $360 or more.

If you got it for $30 then you got a hell of a deal!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info guys. I apologize about the first receiver picture I posted. that was another Mosin I have. I have updated the post. I'm sure this changes what the rifle is actually worth and what it actually is.

Will do that in the AM when I can get some pictures of it outside. Worked all weekend and should have been in bed hours ago...

Hex receiver, Fin re-arsenaled M91/30.

The receiver was made in Russia before the revolution. The eagle on the top flat indicate that.The rifle was remade at Tikkakoski in Finland. The T in triangle in circle is the Tikka mark.

I was mistaken then. I think I was remembering an Arrow in a circle being Tula or am I wrong there too?

In any case for $30 this is a lot of gun!

The simple fact that it is a hex receiver means this is wrong. If the rifle was a 43 it would be round. Hexagonal actions were 1935/1936 and older.

The barrel is from 1943, but the action is older.

Back