What can I expect????

antenna

Not to ask a wimpy question, but...A friend and I are going to the range in a couple of weeks, once he gets his Desert Eagle .50. The biggest handgun to date I've fired is a .44 with 300gr.rounds. That was a little recoil :). So, realistically, what can I expect when I pull the trigger???

------------------
"Stop forest fires--ban matches."

I have only shot a friends .50 DE a couple of times, but to me it had slightly less recoil than a "normal" .44 Mag. But, I also find 300 gr .44 Mag loads to have less kick than a hot 180 gr load. You won't have anything to flinch about with the DE, just treat like any other very heavy hunk of metal you have shot before. ;)

Assuming you fired a .44 revolver, the .50AE DE won't be a problem (recoil is fairly mild)-comfortable grips, and just being an automatic makes for a less painful recoil. Do hold the gun firmly though, because it will surprise you if you don't (when I had my XIX, friends were very timid when first firing it and one almost dropped it as a result). The gun is "Super" loud-but so are .44's (the 50 has more of a hollow Atomic type boom, .44 has a bit more crackle to it)-simply put, both guns "Really" annoy other shooters-most will stop what they are doing until you are done. Enjoy shooting the 50, its a really cool gun.

Thanks guys...just another question...how readily available is .50 cal ammo for pistols, and can you reload your own?

------------------
"Stop forest fires--ban matches."

Back