What Brand of Lubricant Do You Use?

Ed Brunner

We have been asked everything else. All kinds of personal questions about our guns,knives,equipment,spouses, children, homes, cars, churches, politics. I mean we have really been queried!
I want to know what kind of lubricant do you use.I see advertisements for all kinds so I conclude that there are a lot of people who use a lot of it.
I know it is personal but enquiring minds really want to know.To start it off and make it easier if you are bashful about things like this I will go first. I use Castrol or Quaker State.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Ill jump in here, for stored blades I use vaseline,,,,,,,,for firearms i use gunscrubber/carb cleaner and np3(lately),automotive valvoline10w/30 + marvel mystery oil.....and then theres coconut oil for massaging tired muscles after shooting ;).
fubsy.

My lovely wife prefers K-Y jelly but... what,Ohhhhhh,you mean firearms related lubricants! my thing is anything with teflon in it.Im pretty impressed with Tri-Flow, it makes a noticable difference in the moving parts, such as slides, bolts etc.

------------------
Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of cool weaponry! My American Dream!

Gunscrubber/Carb cleaner as a degreaser
CLP for general oiling
Molly Grease for general greasing
Tretra Oil for precision oiling
Tretra Grease precision greasing

Chuck

[This message has been edited by chucko (edited July 03, 1999).]

I guess I'm old fashioned, I still use Breakfree CLP on most things. It's allegedly a carcinogen(sic), so I keep that in mind on weapons that may have extended contact with my skin. And who hasn't been "sprayed" when firing a freshly lubed weapon.

Have used good old WD-40 for years on the outside and have been using Eesox Lube on the inside.(of my guns that is)Also use Brakleen as a degreaser(also great for cleaning reloading dies and is non-flammable)

For bore cleaning on anything I'm shooting lead bullets in,I use a wornout bore brush wrapped with some strands of one of the copper scrubber pads(Chore-Boy,Curly Kate,etc.)dry with no solvent removes lead quickly.Follow up with some Pro-Shot cleaner and that's it.

Oops, may have gotten too personal ;)

[This message has been edited by Contender (edited July 03, 1999).]

I use SENTRY SOLUTIONS products[mostly solid based, dry lubricants] on all my firearms. We use SENTRY SOLUTIONS TUF-CLOTH/TUF-GLIDE on our knives in production. Check them out at
www.sentrysolutions.com

Sentry is also a supporter of BLADEFORUMS, and if somebody tells them about firingline, they might advertise here too!

------------------
Stay Sharp!

Will Fennell/EDI KNIVES

Gotta spread the word, here. WD-40 is the best thing ever invented with the possible exception of Armor All, which ain't a lubricant therefore not under discussion.

WD-40 has a negligible amount of actual lubricant in it, works good for light stuff and penetrating, but not much else. It's the CARRIER (solvent) which is so great. First, it's the only thing I know which will quickly and painlessly remove all manner of stickums, the glues which all kinds of tape leave behind, for example, including window stickers in your car, old bumper stickers, etc. Then, it is the perfect waterless hand cleaner to carry with you in the car, after roadside repairs or whatever when you don't want to grab the wheel again because your hands are such a wreck, hose WD-40 on them, scrub, and wipe off with a rag or paper towel and dirt, grease, everything just disappears, leaves your hands so sparkly that the last time I had to use it (last week) I forgot to rewash when I had the chance, my hands were both clean and soft. A hand cleaner? Good grief.

And, of course, it DOES penetrate well, and the small quantity of lubricant allows you to dump it on or in your weapon, once the carrier evaporates you have not over lubed (except with an AR, that bolt needs to be DRY!)

Larry P.

Hoppe's Gun Oil for general lubrication, rust prevention, and wiping down. Wilson's Ultima-Lube for critical areas.

Back