What are your current projects?

Shadow9mm

I'm waiting to get to the range to test some 9mm loads, prepping 30-06 brass, and loading 223. I was able to load 300rnds today, trying to get more efficient with my single stage press. 50min per 100. went by pretty quick.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 223 range load.jpg
    223 range load.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Tonight I will sit in my car cleaning excessively dirty pistol primer pockets and priming the brass while my daughter is at soccer practice. The RP .45 brass is for 200 SWC bullets I cast and pc'd during the summer

I currently am doing load development on 2 new to me calibers (20P & 6x45). I like to have at least a couple loads with different powders/bullet combo's for each rifle just for giggles. When one powder/bullet is not available, I can still load something to shoot if desired. I also usually get a 1K 223 brass to process every winter, but with the "virus" and a knee injury, I'm already done with it so I'm back to load development. It's something to do, keeps me out of sight of the wife & new puppy, so.....

Well I am building up the stuff for 6.5 x 47 (dies, cases, bullets and a barrel to go on my action!)

Building loads for the 1917s to see which ones I want to keep. Looking at approach ramps to see how 1903 vs 1917 and a 1903 barrel vs a 1917 barrel compares.

And trying to get my space back as my wife is closing down her fabric operation and its all moving into and through the shop.

Oh, and the garbage disposal went out so i had to replace that. Amazing how many tools it takes for one cruddy house project.

Tonight I will sit in my car cleaning excessively dirty pistol primer pockets and priming the brass while my daughter is at soccer practice. The RP .45 brass is for 200 SWC bullets I cast and pc'd during the summer
I'm hoping to get a wet tumbler after Christmas. I am hoping that if I wet tumble after deprimeing I will never have to tinker with another dirty primer pocket again, in addition to cleaner cases in general...

messing with H322 for .223 and Barnes 140's with 4831 SC for my .260. Waiting for a team order of Noslers to come in and see if I can get a Grendel load for the new service rifle matches the club is starting up

My shooting for the year is finished. My reloading project includes repairing a custom Lee collet die and necks sizing cases, grouping cases by weight and volume, grouping bullets by weight and ogive to base length and making some 7.7- 175gr FMJBT loads along with 180gr RN and 150gr Barnes loads. I want to make a nice load that will hit a gong at 600 yards and a nice hunting load.

My reloading is pretty well done for what i currently have.
I'm awaiting arrival of a new to me 257 Roberts barrel for a Savage action. Plan is a 257 Roberts AI.
Now i just need a couple of Savage actions.
Still need to finish building the 7X57 Mauser for my daughter.
Still need to build a range/ match rifle for me.

Shooting season for the most part is done for me. Time to blow the dust off the 650 and get busy. My hit list of calibers is 45acp, 30-30 cowboy , 300 BO,. For non reloading winter fun, im fitting a new Rice barrel to my Pennslyvania .50 cal, and i plan on modifying (improving) the pos lock on my Pedersoli Harpers Ferry .58 flintlock pistol. Lots to do .

I do little test/shooting during winter here in Co. Working on load for my 270Wby using Nosler 165gr ABLR and it's nice to shoot in condition you hunt in.

I put a heavy 7.62x39 barrel on a Spanish 1916 receiver last year. Be experimenting on getting a good load for deer. And moved into a new house in Oct so getting my workbench / reloading bench built.

Ooops, forgot the Lab Radar.

I am tired of seeing a wild shot and know I did not pull it so will be nice to just setup and when a wild one goes out, see what the velocity is.

I built my own base for it that will sit on the bench. I hate the screen chrono and all its mucking about (and mine died) and didn't like the setup of the Speedo

Lab radar is on my short list, but it is a couple spots down behind a wet tumbler and a progressive press and a few other odds and ends.

Setting up a rifle for NRL22 matches,,,

Setting up a rifle for NRL22 matches.

This will be my new game after I retire,,,
In just 28 days.

The rifle is a CZ-512 Carbine,,,
The scope is a Vortex Diamondback 4-16 x 44.

201208-CS512_VortexScope.jpg

I still need a cheek riser of some ilk,,,
And a shotgun recoil pad to extend the LOP just a bit.

I know I won't be a true competitor,,,
But at least I will have some fun trying to be.

Aarond

Lab radar is on my short list, but it is a couple spots down behind a wet tumbler and a progressive press and a few other odds and ends.

I pretty much have the rest setup and working. So the Lab Radar is next to last (last will be the Gerard Motorized as 6.5 will be a mainstay). Will bite the bullet on that one, shift over and sell off the Trim Trimmers once I am ahead on brass prep.

Making my own base plate mount as its going to be on a bench. I have the steel piece from someplace I kept just for that (grin) all these years.

I got the LR in and while my first idea for attachment works, not what I want so it gets refined.

The Savage Target action with a really good trigger and solid build (heavy) should tell me all I need to know with the 6.5.

Maybe a run out setup but will see. I think its pretty good with the CoAxe (I love it, more for the ease of die switch, I have saved hours of threading in dies and un-threading them!

Seen it on sale for like $360 which is outstanding price. Sadly I paid regular as no sales when I got mine.

So final setup, put roll pin through a 1/4 inch bolt, removed the threads under the head so it acts like a free spin Camera Tri Pod setup, 3 foot screws for clearance and adjust (washer under each so they sit a tad higher than the LR holding screw).

Not pretty but very functional.

Attachments

• PC130059.JPG
    PC130059.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 6
  • PC130060.JPG
    PC130060.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 5
  • PC130061.JPG
    PC130061.JPG
    287.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Trying to use up some old bullets that have been sitting on the shelf for years.
Finding that plated bullets can be very accurate with the right powder. (Bullseye seems to be the key)

Back