What are you riding Part II

Adding to MGB's idea, I would think that a very non-firearm looking fanny pack complete with water bottle carriers and zipper pulls made from fluorescent 2mm climbing rope could be close to ideal.

Draw speed would be bottom on the list of priorities. Peace of mind in case of a breakdown on an Interstate in the middle of the night would be the primary consideration. This could be interesting.

Regards,

~ Blue Jays ~

I'm sorry -- despite my age I must still be a juvenile at heart.

It's that term "fanny pack". In Australia a "fanny" is not your rear-end, it's a ... a ... lady's "front bottom".

We call 'em "bum-bags".

(Sorry to detract from the seriousness of the topic.)

B

I have a leather holster attached to my drag bars. It keeps the pistol handy, and seems to prevent me from becoming invisible on the road for some unknown reason. :)

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Bruce,

ROTFLMAO! About two years ago I was involved with the marketing of a high end GPS system with the system's manufacturer. They had a new method to carry the unit, which we now call a hip pack. At the time they showed me the system, and wanted it tested in the field, I was not aware of the down-under meaning of fanny. So, I tested the system wrote a long report and sent it to their business unit. They asked me to make a formal presentation, so I did. I show up and their was about ten people present, three of which were female Australian ex-pats. I proceed to discuss the relative merits of the fanny pack versus other systems of carry and noticed that the woemn were not looking to happy. After about half an hour one of the women stood up and yelled: "stop using fanny!, that's a very, very, very bad word!," and stormed out of the room with the other women. I had no idea what was going on and finished my presentation. The Australian meaning of fanny was later explained, and we now call it a "hip-pack" to assuage everbody's sensibilities. :D

[This message has been edited by Mendocino (edited June 23, 1999).]

Back