What ammo are you seeing *IS* in stock at multiple vendors?

TXAZ

One thing that has amazed me during this ammo scare / shortage is how much 6.5 Creedmoor and .50 BMG is available online and at LGS.
Considering what some are paying for 5.56 and 9mm, BMG seems a bargain at < $3 / round.
Are you finding other calibers that are in adequate supply?

sort of

All scarce in my area, but some calibers seem more prone to be on the shelf a bit longer BEFORE they disappear as well.
-handgun, .45 acp seems to linger a bit longer in factory ammo. It sells out, just not as fast. Same for .45 component bullets. I read an article just a while back about the fading popularity of the .45acp, maybe it's true?
-rifle, this one was a surprise for me, .308 seems to linger as well. Also lingering are the exotic big bore magums, and again oddly, the .350 Legend.

I'm surprised that more people aren't getting into 10mm, there's endless for sale also.:p

The thing about 50 BMG is people think it's expensive to own and shoot. Compare it to other high caliber rifles and you'll see that that isn't the case.

50 BMG rifles are on par or less then other high power rifles. Most come in at around $2,500-3,000 dollars. Then there's the ammo, as TXAZ posted, a lot of it can be found for $3 or less if you shop around.

I'm surprised that more people aren't getting into 10mm, there's endless for sale also.:p

The thing about 50 BMG is people think it's expensive to own and shoot. Compare it to other high caliber rifles and you'll see that that isn't the case.

50 BMG rifles are on par or less then other high power rifles. Most come in at around $2,500-3,000 dollars. Then there's the ammo, as TXAZ posted, a lot of it can be found for $3 or less if you shop around.
Good point 50shooter.
I was in Cabellelas a week ago and noticed they had plenty of .338 Lapua AMax for almost double that of AMax .50.

It’s a strange market.

I also noticed late last night that TargetSports.com had a very large shipment of .308 come in. At less than $1/round.

I just left a Scheels. Lots of 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creedmore, 22 mag, 17 mag, 40cal, .32's, .327 Federal, 44 special, .25acp, and a smattering of others. The manager said they never know what is going to show up in their deliveries.
Last week they had a lot of 1902 round containers of Federal 40gr. 22lr priced at $119/box. The week before, 9mm Fiocchi brass cased at $11.99/bx and some bulk .223.

I like that store as they tend not to take advantage of pricing during shortages.

I like that store as they tend not to take advantage of pricing during shortages.

^^^^^^^
These are the stores I’ll remember and go back to in the future.
I’ll also remember the “CTD-like” guys and do nothing that helps them.

Within the last two weeks I have seen some (but not much) 9mm and 5.56 along with a varied selection of 22LR. Along with that there seems to be an abundance of 30-06, 270, 7mmRM, 300WM and a reasonable amount of 308.

I live in a rural part of California and am shocked by how much .224 Valkyrie ammo there is all over. Like stores have a box or 5 of most calibers and are out of stock on some but have like pallets of .224 ammo. I’d never paid any mind to that round before but with how bad things are I’ve considered buying an upper.

Boutique rounds like 224 Valkyrie and 350 legend are all that is left, aside from shotshells at the local box stores ....... some places hav 6.5CM, too .....

Went to a local store found 22lr, $2.99 a box, 22mag, $13.00 a box, and 7.62x39 box of 40 for $17.00. I was happy.

Back