What about Walther P99?

When the people on here refer to their Walther P99s on here, do they have an actual Walther, or are they the atrocities Smith and Wesson are churning out? If they are the actual Walther, where are you getting them?

I am a HUGE Walther P99 fan. We have a very active Walther section at my site - www.handgunforum.net

Come check it out. I've gotten many people online to buy one in the past few months, and all are super satisfied. I don't even bother buying 1911s anymore - not when I shoot just as well or better with my P99 or even my SW99 (P99 clone made by S&W).

I have 2 P99's and used the .40 SW in production. It was OK.

However the 9mm is the superior choice. Much more accurate.

My Walther P99 in .40S&W is my primary defense gun, and I also used it in IDPA matches. The .40 is a bit snappy, and tough to get fast splits, so it is not ideal for action pistol matches. But it is also not atrocious either.

I find that for being a 4" barrel, it is exquisitely accurate. I am as accurate with it as I am with my 5" XD Tactical in 9mm.

Before I switched to the XD, I was winning SSP Marksman division in most of my local matches, and I have classified as an SSP Sharpshooter with the gun. But it is just a little too much recoil for me to win Sharpshooter at most matches (note that I don't reload, so I can't cook up .40 with milder properties).

I bought mine online through GunBroker.com.

Best,

Jim

Back