What about the Ruger p944 in .40S&W

saands

I've decided to get a .40S&W autoloader and am working to make a deal on a HK USP40 compact, but I'm starting to lose hope ... the guy is really hard to get a hold of. Does anyone have any experience with the p944? I am looking for a quality pistol, but I don't need the latest in terms of hype ... Reliability and accuracy are important ... but the $769 local price tag for the USP is killing me! Am I being unfair by just putting the Ruger in an basket called inferior? the Please throw some opinions at me!
Thanks,
Bill

I have a Ruger KP94 in 40s&w and I love it. It has never had any type of malfunction and it is extremely accurate. I shoot it beter than my Glock 17 and better than my Colt GM.

During my last range visit, I was shooting 5 shot runs with it at 25ft. If I did my part, the Ruger would put each round right where it was aimed and I would end up with a jagged whole about the size of a quarter. I am not the best shot around, but this gun makes me look good.

Forget about the fallacy of having to spend $600-$700 to get a good, reliable and accurate handgun. Buy the Ruger and don't look back.

Frank

I don't have the p94, but I do have the Ruger P97DC, this is one of the best shooting 45's I have shot, and I have four .45 acp pistols, including two loaded springfields and one Charles Daly. Like Faiello5 said, get the Ruger and never look back. Good Advise. Rod Black

Bill, saw a poster on another board selling his Ruger P94. You can email him at krag@atomic.net. Good luck.

Frank

I don't think you will lose sleep by buying a Ruger. I own a P94 (with factory Houge style grip and N/S) and a USP. I can honestly say I enjoy them equally. Besides, with the money you save you can customize it, or apply to another gun!

A new Ruger 944 should cost about four bills. It is a best buy. It is a better pistol than many people are willing to admit. The money you save (instead of buying the USP) can go to ammo. You can then practice more and become a better shot. Also, for what it's worth, the Ruger .40 has a fully-supported barrel. The only thing I would do to mine is change the sights and refinish the slide.

Back