What a suppressed pistol sounds like downrange.

The only issue is your right up next to the house which is making the sound loader back at the camera, you need to be in an open area to give a true sound.

Pretty hard to define "true sound". It's only "true" sound in an open area if that's what you're interested in.
The video is true to a building behind the shooter. Sometimes there might be a roof but no walls, like many shooting ranges. Other times, you might be in doors shooting out windows, we have a range like that near Albany.
"True" is in the assumption of the listener.

That's a nice video, moves right along, plenty of relevant information provided. Nice variety of guns and supressors. Well done.

Thanks for the compliments!

My buddy owns 6 acres with his house towards the very front so im going to see if I can do this again but at his place for a more open video. I can place the camera 50 yards downrange and do the same test.

Stay tuned....

I'm adding two more videos tonight.
www.youtube.com/fireman1291

fireman1291:

If your bullet is subsonic it will be silent, however, if it is suuper sonic it will make a loud drawn out crack. If you are in the butts pulling targets, when the bullet passes over head it makes a loud crack.

When I was shooting on several Marine Corps riflel teams, from the snapping in circle, about a half mile from the range, I could hear the bullets breaking the sound barrier form the muzzle to the butts.

Semper Fi.

Gunnery Sergeant
Clifford L. Hughes
USMC Retired

Back