What 9MM ammo would give you the fastest RPM?

In theory, the ammo producing the highest slide velocity. Ammo producing the highest chamber pressure alone may not produce the highest velocity with any given weight of bullet.

From what I was taught in the military (my only full auto education, . . . and more there than I wanted :D ), . . . the ammo itself makes little arrreciable difference.

Rounds per minute are more precisely defined by the system by which the weapon operates, . . . and the ammo is secondary, . . . AS LONG AS IT IS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO MAKE THE WEAPON FUNCTION.

Hope this helps.

May God bless,
Dwight

So, basically, it's the design and parts of the gun that make the RPM difference instead of the paticular ammo... so like say a lighter slide spring? A slide buffer to help the slide bounce off the slide stop and return more quickly? A lighter weight slide? Polished and well lubed slide rails? Perfect timing of the slide close and hammer release to fire the round at the exact time the slide is safely closed?

I remember a post on ar15.com about a guy who illegally modified his AR15 to full auto with a lightning link or something, and had a very very slow ROF, and through trying to time it properly, was having problems with "bolt bounce" and light primer strikes. After a while, he was firing rounds before they were fully chambered, which ended up in a nasty explosion.

What are the chances of a glock firing out of battery? hmmmm.

All sounds good. Thanks for all the info!

-Jamie M.

Back