wESTERNFIELD BOLT ACTION SHOTGUN

cpileri

IT WAS RECOMMENDED I POST THIS HERE FOR TE BEST INFO.
Anyone ever heard of/ used a Westernfield?
I saw a 20 ga for a very reasonable price, but any price is too high for junk.
Thanks,
Carl

Bolt Action Shotgun

As expressed in the Shotgun Forum. Mossberg made shotguns for Monkey Wards and in all probability that is the shotgun you saw.

In my experience I have used bolt action shotguns for two purposes. Deer hunting and Competitive Turkey Shoots.

Deer Gun:
12Ga, 20" bbl, cylinder bore 4X scope and braneke slugs. served my purpose and did a great job.

Competitive Turkey Shoots
20Ga 30" bbl, full choke standard sights. I always placed in the winner's circle with this one. Shoots were held around thanksgiving and it was an inexpensive dinner for the family

HJN

Western Field was a Montgomery Ward trade name. The guns were actually made by various manufacturers.

They were utility guns, and were usually a less expensive version of a gun the maker produced under his own name. Cutting costs involved cheaper stock wood, less quality polishing and bluing, cheaper sights, etc. Otherwise, the guns were no better or worse than the same model made under the maker's name.

They have little or no collector value and none (AFAIK) have ever been designated as C&R guns except by age. Many models have long been discontinued by the makers, and MW is out of business, so parts may not be available. Magazines, especially, are simply unobtainable for most of the bolt action shotguns.

If you provide full information on the MW model number, someone might be able to tell who actually made the gun.

Jim

Back