Western Field SB836

richbrismith

Inactive
I need some help please. I have a Western Field SB836 that I tried to cross reference and it said to look for a Savage 187N to which I can't find the value. If someone could help me figure the value of the Auto 22 it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I can't find the 187N either, but that's not unusual, Stevens, Springfield, Savage made so many firearms it really takes a Savage expert to keep track of all of them. However, .22 Autos of that genre are listed at 130 to 150 in excellent . But! Store brand and Trade Names guns are considered cheaper versions of the original gun and will bring 10 to 20 less. I would expect that 100 to 125 would be a fair price. That's if you sell it yourself, take it to a dealer and he will only offer you 50, He has to make a profit and it might sit on his shelf for months before it's sold. Could be wrong, been wrong before and I know I will be wrong again, Perhaps others may have move more info.;) Good luck and shoot safe.

I was gooleing something else and I pulled up a Savage /Springfield 187 on one of the sites, listed for 175, looked just as good as yours . 175 minus 20% because it's a "Store brand" . 140 $ top end. I'm sorry I didn't book mark the site.

Back