Western Field (Mossberg) choke system

Roamin_Wade

A friend of mine is buying a used Western Field (Mossberg) 20 Gauge Pump shotgun. It has a removable modified choke installed in it now. That choke tube isn’t an end-notched tube. The choke extends out past the muzzle about 1/2” and it’s knurled for grip and it has 3 holes spaced equidistant from each other at 120 degrees each. He asked me to find different chokes and the spanner wrench needed for it but all I can find is Mossberg end-notched choke wrenches. Does anyone know what kind of 20 ga choke system this shotgun has? Thanks...

I tried to pull the choke but it was tight and a standard muzzle choke wrench doesn’t work on it. It requires a spanner wrench that hooks into one of the three holes on the outside diameter of the choke. I will take something to work to remove it tomorrow.

Isn’t a C-Lect choke a one piece modifiable choke system that you just turn to open or close?

A picture would help. The select choke has 3 positions that you just turn.
Sounds like you just have an extended choke.

Might need a little heat on the choke and a light grip with some visegrips.

Kind of sounds like this choke.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WINCHOKE-1...0443?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c1#viTabs_0

s-l1600.jpg

That's it Blindstitch! I can screw the Winchester-Browning-Mossberg chokes into it. I yanked that one out with pliers and screwed in a new one. Fits fine but where can those old choke wrenches be found?

Blindstitch, do you have the spanner wrench for that one? Also, did that come out of a Mossberg or a shotgun marked with the brannd name Western Field?

Roamin Wade,
I searched ebay till I found what I thought you were talking about. There's a ported Mossberg 500 barrel that I have been watching on ebay that has the exact same choke.

I don't know of a wrench. The extended chokes I use get a bit of lub and screwed in by hand or with gloves on.

Back