Western critters

deepforks

i hope i'm not ruffling feathers, but i'd like to see how all the western hunters did this year. post up your pics...mulies, elk, , lopes, cougars, bears, wolves, etc. lets see em!

speed goats

these are from Douglas, Wyoming Oct 2011
280 Remington w/130 grn Speer spitzer @ 2850 fps out of a Remington 7400 w/Pentax 3x9x40 Gameseeker.

I didn't hunt western Washington this year because of this trip(finances).
Buck @ 150 yards, Doe @ 120 yards.

wyoming 085.jpg

wyoming 126.jpg

Last edited:
warbird

they keep tellin me that! but the darn thing groups so well,
I just point, close my eyes, and pull !! LOL !

They're not book trophies but they made me Happy !!

I think this will be the third re-post of this first kill, and the second re-post for the second one. But, you asked... ;)

Ruger M77 MkII, .270 Winchester, Leupold 3.5-10x40mm VX-3, Harris Ultralight Bipod.
140 gr Nosler Partition, hand load, averages 7/8" or better groups @ 100 yards.
The Partition is "overkill" for Antelope, but I can't argue with the beautiful holes they punch, without fragmenting. Fragmenting bullets cause meat loss, and there isn't much to lose on a goat...

First: (Sept 11, mid-afternoon)
attachment.php

(Note the pretty little entrance wound, with a single drop of blood. The exit is less than twice that size, in the same place.)

Second: (Oct 9, done before sunrise)
attachment.php

(Note my cargo pockets packed full of crap. Those "Saddlebags" have everything I need for the day.)

Two shots fired. Two Antelope down. No meat lost. It all went in the freezer.
Definitely a good year. ;)

Hey FrankenMauser, you look happy!!

I own a few websites, and several domains. Most of them can be tied to the FrankenMauser screen name. With the massive amount of personal information available in 'whois' searches, and the firearms related information on these forums.... I don't want to provide a photo to go along with the details.

In the future, I might reveal the Franken Mug. But, not while I have so much information so easily accessible. I've had my identity stolen twice before. I'm trying to avoid letting it happen again. Until then, I remain just a smiley face. :)

I've had my identity stolen twice before

Way off topic, but in case you haven't, have your credit frozen. Then they can steal it to their hearts content and it won't hurt normal people.

Some of those pay for credit deals have good marketing and charge you for fraud alerts, but it better to just freeze it yourself for free.

Courtesy of Clark Howard one day this week.

BTW, I think you posted that photo initially with your Franken Mug on it.

This guy was one I helped an older guy get that has trouble getting around.
IMAG00951.jpg

IMAG00931.jpg

The horns on this one are pretty average for what I usually kill but the "ivory" tips were bigger than I've ever gotten.
IMAG00811.jpg

IMAG00801.jpg

Another smaller one that I helped an older neighbor get,
IMAG0085.jpg

First picture was speed goat #1 for me (left side), and Cornbush with his first (on the right).

Dropped them about 1/2 a second apart. They are just little guys, but the meat is very tender :)

Second picture is me walking out to my second speed goat this year. If I can find a closeup of the second, I will throw it up here.

Attachments

• 2011.goat.1.JPG
    2011.goat.1.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 2011goat.7.jpg
    2011goat.7.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 21
Back