We're different sides/same coin...

KYE-OAT

.....(wasn't sure which Forum to stick this on, but this is my favorite)

The long-range crowd says," If you shot any good, you'd do it from way back here."
The stalker bunch," If you wanted to hunt, not 'snipe', you'd get closer."
The well-heeled shootist advises," If you want quality you can be proud of , you'll get the top-rung gun."
The value-minded," You can get by with that used one, until you can afford better."
The world traveling hunter comments," I like to hunt the rare and dangerous."
The 'back-40' hunter," I can hunt right here, any time I want."
The single shot fellows maintain," Make the first shot count."
The semi-auto group replies," I like the insurance of a full magizine."
The high velocity people rave," My caliber shoots flat, clear out to the horizon."
The big bore brush busters," I like the whomp of my frontal area."
The tinkerer figgers," Hey, I can fix that..."
The gunsmith moans, " I wish you hadn't have tried."
But the greatest thing is, we can all be right.....because it's just a matter of time until we manage to see the other side of the coin. Then we can slap the other guy heartily on the back and say," You know, man, I think you got a point there!"
.....meanwhile, he's doing the same thing.
P.S.-if any of the references offended you, I am sorry, you obviously missed the point. So....grow some skin & read it again.

I think you made a great point! You are absolutely right about everything. Every one thinks differnt, I am the stalker/longrange type, sometimes i want to stalk, other times I am lazy.

kye-oat
you are correct, somedays I can and do relate to each thing you mentioned and I know folks that are of one type and cannot see the ways of others. This makes us different and exciting in our own little way......besides that , it IS fun to argue the point !!!!

And you have the guy using the flintlock, shooting a round ball, with blackpowder looking down on the guy using an inline, pyrodex pellets, shooting sabots because he's not "traditional."

All the while he has no problem buying manufatured blackpowder in a plastic container... what happened to having an outhouse, collecting you own saltpeter :D, and making your own...?

:D Same coin... good analogy KYE-OAT.

Back