Went to the range Saturday and Sunday

Doc Hoy

I took along a bunch of stuff that I acquired over the winter but had not yet shot. Also took some old faithfuls.

Compared the Turkish 1911 clone to the Rock Island Armory 1911 clone. These two pistols are roughly the same price and shoot very much the same. I find that the Turk might be a little tighter in specs. Some of the rounds (my own load or other handloads) would chamber in the RIA but would not chamber easily in the Turk. Lot of fun to shoot.

Shot the 9mm Beretta 92 a lot. I like shooting that as much as I like shooting the 1911s.

Good comparison of the Russian Makarov in .380 ACP and the Polish Makaraov in 9x18. The Polish pistol has a lot of recoil. These were rounds I bought from Geargia Arms at a gun show. He could not specify the projectile or load so I might start reloading these on my own to get a little better control. The Russian is a commercial model with target sights. good sight picher. This is a fun pistol to shoot. I think once I get the Polish Makaraov under control, I will like shooting it too (even considering the difficult caliber.)

Took along two revolvers, A Colt Army Special and a Smith and Wesson K in .38 Special both with 5 inch barrels. The Colt is about 50 yers older than the S&W. Both are fun to shoot but the sight picher on the Smith and Wesson is better for my eyes. I think that the S&W is more accurate in my hand because of that fact.

Finally I shot that 1908 Colt Pocket semi auto in .25 ACP. What a fun little pistol. I started shooting targets but gave it up. I turned to shooting an empty propane gas can from about five yards. I could hit is every time almost as quick as I could pull the trigger. Round penetrated the front but did not exit the back side.

Weather was beautiful. Great fun.

Sounds like a fun time. I like my 1911s and reload for them too. Mine are a Charles Daly I built from parts and a Llama Max-I. The Llama was a great pistol for about 10 years. It is about worn out at this point and parts are difficult to find. The Charles Daly is an excellent shooter. I have a Bulgarian Makarov in 9x18 and I enjoy it. I have always wanted a Beretta 92.

I need to get to the range!

TK

Doc I have one of those Colt vest pocket .25s. I think the last time it was fired was in the 1960's when my dad acquired it, and put holes in our old outhouse / pistol target. I need to take a trip to my friend's range and shoot some of my guns that rarely see action.

One of the disadvantages of being an "accumulator"

Too many to shoot. Gun show in Va Beach this week end. Maybe I can go and make my situation even worse.

A suppose so.

In the last twenty years I may have sold a total of five firearms. I just keep accumulating more. Never sell em.

Yep...I guess that is hoarding.

We have similar taste in handguns. My Turkish 1911 is very good. I love my Russian Makarov 380. My old S&W 38 is from the teens or twenties. My old Colt 1903 is in 32acp and is lots of fun to shoot.

Your weekend shooting is my idea of a good time! :)

Cleaning is half the fun..... The longer it takes, the better I like it

I could help you have more fun if you lived local :D

After all I've read about anemic perfomance, I would have thought the .25 would just bounce off the steel bottle.

I went to a hunting/shooting fair and got to fulfil a dream

shot a .500 SW:D::D:eek::eek::cool:

handled a few shotguns that costs more then my car

Sounds like you had plenty of fun!

Oops, I forgot about the gun show this weekend.
Right now I'm too busy staring at a j-frame and pondering when I'm going to swap out the trigger return spring and if I really need to buy that special tool thingy before I do it.
I really need to get outside and shoot a Mosin

Back