Went to the gun show here is Norfolk, VA

Doc Hoy

and picked up two cheapos.

Nagant revolver from PW Arms in Redmond Wash. This is in unfired reconditioned Nagant in 7.62x38. Has the holster and cleaning rod. Bought it for 130.00. Pistol appears to be dated 1943.

Am I told correctly that one can shoot .32 S&W in this revolver?

Here is the Tokarev. - 195.00 after a five dollar parking rebate.

Watched the Hickok 45 video of this pistol. He seems to like them. This one is a Yugo M57

Doc there are a lot of threads on this forum about reloading for the Nagant. I have shot 32 s&w long from mine (one of the calibers I reload), but the cases will bulge and be ruined for the most part, so I use my older brass for that. You will also lose the coolness of the sealed barrel cylinder gap if you don't use 7.62x38. Some people size and reload 32-20 brass and use that, but you lose the sealed barrel cylinder gap advantage there too. The advantage doesn't really give you much more velocity, it just makes it super easy to clean after shooting. IMHO, reloading for the Nagant is more work than it's worth. You will also find that the modern factory loads (PPU/Prvi, Fiocci, Hotshot, etc.) are very, very anemic. If you can get some Russian surplus 7.62x38 for it, that is much hotter stuff. J&G has some in stock. BTW, my Nagant revolver is one of my favorite C&R guns. The cylinder cam action is just super interesting to me.

Now that the C&R bug has bitten you pretty hard, what will you trade me for a Polish Radom P-64 in 9mm Makarov (c'mon, one more round to reload for, and you can trim 9mm luger down to 9mm mak if you have to). :)

Last edited:
Back