Went out for a little pre-season brush-up....

jimbob86

..... this AM, for the New Hunters in our group .....

Eldest's boyfriend is coming to deer camp this year, and my son, TheBoy, will have a tag, too.

The boyfriend has never hunted, and has not shot anything before this week ...... after a quick block of instruction on the sitting and kneeling positions, breathing, trigger control, follow through and sling use, he was popping jugs out to 200 yards with the 7-08 Frontier and reduced loads ..... he shot up 30 rounds out of that, and a dozen or so out of Eldest's 30A ...... and a few reduced loads from the open sighted .270 .... His rifle is supposed to be in this week, just in time for a sight in session and more practice next week-end.....

TheBoy got over his flinch (touched off a full house .270WIN last week .... decided that hurt) with some reduced loads and a few ball and dummy drills ..... and making hits out to 100 yards with all three kids' rifles.

I also brought my Trashspike Mosin, and managed to break a jug at 200 on the fourth try from a sitting position and no sling.

Attachments

• firing line.jpg
    firing line.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Trashspike to 200.jpg
    Trashspike to 200.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 56
  • Trashspike from 200.jpg
    Trashspike from 200.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 57
Reminds me of the old 6P Racing Team in Austin, back in the '60s: Prior Planning Prevents P-Poor Performance. :)

I heard it as the 6P Rule: Prior Practice Prevents P-Poor Performance ......

Getting everybody free for a practice session was not easy ..... kids are so busy....

Back