Well who didn't know that

kraigwy

I got a doe tag I need to fill before winter sets in.

I deside to go to the ridge behind the house and pick up one of the critters that's been eating my hay.

Wouldn't you know it, three deer, no doe. One really nice 5X5, on three point on one side, horn missing on the other, and one spike. NO DOE.

Didn't even have the sense to take a camera.

If I was hunting bucks all I'd see is does.

Oh well, I have a few days left, worse comes to worse I'll shoot one off the front porch.

Had a total of nine doe in the yard last Monday morning eating under the Persimmon tree. They were all kinda nervous as they ate looking towards the ravine. Wasn't long before a little spike buck with no more then 2" antlers appeared coming across the yard with his neck stuck out and his head all low.
He started running these doe one by one, scent checking, until each would disappear into the ravine. He would then come back , peel off another doe and do the same, till all doe's were out of the yard. Was very funny cause this very young buck didn't even know what he was doing. :D

Yesterday morning two doe under the pear tree not more then 25ft. from the bedroom window. A descent eight point comes up from the bottom of the ravine doing the same with these doe.

I love this time of year.

Back