Well I just heard about the Kansas City Chiefs!

nralife

If the report is correct, the Kansas City Chiefs have been spreading outright falsehoods in hopes of turning the people against Proposition B, which is the concealed carry law being considered in Missouri. So, it appears that they are openly against Prop. B and here is their phone number...816-924-3400 You know what to do!!!

Joe
nralife

I heard it on a radio news report. No written reports that I've seen though.
I forgot to add the St Louis Rams were included in the newscast also.
Has anyone noticed that those who oppose this are all capable of hiring/acquiring personal protection. I've yet to see any rank and file members of any organization opposing this. It's only the elite, those at the top, who oppose this.
Besides who are these professional sports teams, loaded with their spouse beaters, drug addicts, non-voting aliens, etc to tell us what to do. If they don't want us to carry at their events, all they need to do is to post signs to that effect.

I'm not a sports fan by anybodie's definition, and I sure don't want to defend the slugs and thugs that pose as "professional" atheletes, but keep in mind, players don't set policy. Owners do. Let'em know and vote with your wallet!
Wouldn't it be great if Arrowhead Stadium had a game and nobody came? :D

------------------
Your mind is your primary weapon.

Could it be that these teams may think they might, just might, have something to fear from the fans because of how they play? ROTFL
:D

MORONS-not you guys---them!!!!!

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited March 28, 1999).]

By MATTHEW SCHOFIELD The Kansas City Star
Date: 03/25/99 22:15
Missouri's pro football and baseball teams have joined in their opposition to Proposition B, which would legalize concealed weapons in Missouri.
The team presidents of the Royals and the Chiefs in Kansas City and the Cardinals and the Rams in St. Louis sent out a joint letter Thursday.
The letter, addressed "Dear Missouri Sports Fans," urges people to vote against Proposition B on April 6.
"We are not interested in taking sides on the general question of concealed weapons," the letter states. "However, we do feel compelled to speak out against Proposition B because it does not prohibit concealed weapons in stadiums and other public sports venues."
The letter is signed by team presidents Carl Peterson of the Chiefs, Mike Herman of the Royals, Mark Lamping of the Cardinals and John Shaw of the Rams.
Donald Fehr and Gene Upshaw, executive directors of the Major League Baseball Players Association and the NFL Players Association respectively, have contacted the teams to note their opposition to Proposition B.
"The NFLPA opposes any proposal that would allow guns to be carried into stadiums because of the danger concealed handguns present to players, coaches, referees and fans," Upshaw said in a news release.
Backers of the law say the teams are basing their stance on faulty information.
Brett Feinstein, spokesman for Missourians Against Crime, said that while Proposition B wouldn't ban guns from stadiums, it would allow any place of business to post signs forbidding guns.
"If they're concerned, they should go ahead and post," he said. "But they should also remember that all of these teams currently play games in states with less strict concealed-weapons laws than this one, and there haven't been any problems."

[This message has been edited by DHH (edited March 28, 1999).]

Back