Welcome to California, We now throw Rocks at feral animals

what now

so what do they do if an endangered animal species was eating an endangered plant?

chack

This topic can't be discussed without going into the political mindset of the people and organizations which rule the state.

Ummm, I asked this as an actual gun question, I'd really like for you to find California, USA on your list?

And yes

Maybe this thread won't get locked right away.

I'd rather the thread not get locked, for your certain reasons

California hasn't figured out how to conduct an audit of a cooperating agency without confiscating the stuff to be audited? When the police confiscate stuff temporarily, they're supposed to create a list of stuff taken, right? I'm so confused.

tyme

California hasn't figured out how to conduct an audit without confiscating the stuff to be audited? When the police confiscate stuff temporarily, they're supposed to create a list of stuff taken, right? I'm so confused.

Same here, confused?

Just wondering why the Anti-Gang unit took their weapons??

Maybe the "audit" is a way of checking to see if there's a bullet or spent shell casing that matches with one at a crime scene. The fact it is an anti-gang unit that is "auditing" is suggestive.

Maybe the "audit" is a way of checking to see if there's a bullet or spent shell casing that matches with one at a crime scene. The fact it is an anti-gang unit that is "auditing" is suggestive.

I'm with you, but a firearm crime was not the first thing that came to my mind. For some reason, all I could think of was, "Dog Fighting".

We'll see how things shake out...

It is my personal opinion that animal control officers should be armed. For their own personal protection, and that of others. Not only against vicious animals but for protection from their owners as well.

OK so an administrative issue of aufiting, and securing firearms is issued. Why couldnt some manager do this in an orderly fashion? Why must the police raid an animal shelter? Was there some issue of the animal controll officers loaning or giving firearms to the criminal element? Or misusing department guns? There just HAS to be more to this story. This is nuts... even for caifornia.

When a business does something that is a bad idea it either stops doing it or gets put out of business by someone who does.

When a government does something that is a bad idea, they will double down on the bad idea rather than admit it was a bad idea.

If there is a spate of rabid animals I could see this getting very interesting.

"LA police seize animal officers' guns"

I'd like to know who gave guns to the "animal officer's" to begin with. I'd also like to know how they managed to work these guns without having opposable thumbs. And why are there so many "animal officers" in the first place? I mean I can see a couple of K-9 officers but beyond that making animals officers is just taking jobs away from the humans who need them.

:D

I have not been able to find this video on YouTube - I may have seen it on TV.

This female animal control officer goes to check up on a report of a woman with multiple animals - bad smell, horrible conditions etc (same old story right?)

But this old lady has pit bulls, and when the animal control officer aproaches the house, this old lady opens the gate and tells her pit bull - "Get em!"

The pit bull then attacks the animal control officer, and just mauls her.

I think the mentality in California is - even if a situation like this does happen, it would be better to use pepper spray or CS, than use a firearm.

I guess they will have to have a few catastrophic failures with spray before they rearm their officers.

But the other thing that hapens here that this wacko woman is totally ignoring - is that a lot of times when these animal control officers go out on an animal cruelty call - they're dealing with fighting dogs and the people who own them.

They are going into gang territory a lot of times. Even if they supposedly could use spray on the animals what do they do about the armed and dangerous owners? I guess each animal control call will now require resources from PD.

Back