• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Weird happenings at TFL

Tropical Z

I've noticed some weird events taking place the last two days that i've never experienced before.Several times i've had internet explorer time out while trying to access threads,and this morning my computer froze up at the site and my password appeared in my tray at the bottom of my monitor.Hope nobody is messing with the server!

Nobody's messing up 'till a few hours ago. One of our Admins managed to delete his own profile! Sent all his posts to the "Guest" Category. I've been messing in the database and shutting down the server. Seems to be OK now, except for a rebuild of the search files.

Dunno about prior to 10PM EST tonight.
Rich

I've noticed similar things to what TZ eperienced for the past couple of days. The 'puter would just stare at me as it was going for a new TFL page or refreshing the current one. I would check other sites while waiting to be sure it wasn't my browser or the net in general that was slow. The evidence always pointed to TFL being really slow and not other sites. I figured it was someone performing some huge searches that may have been tying up the processor.

Now it didn't hand me my password on a tray under the monitor, but it sure was slow for long periods. ;)

I think that if I had been handed my password on a tray under the monitor......was time to change meds. Or I just got 86ed.

"... One of our Admins managed to delete his own profile! ..."

Oh, this is quite easy to do. It does require unconciousnes at the keyboard, though. (Rich rescued me.) :)

Dennis,

Now I know why Rich went on the hunt for a replacement for you. You are COMPLETELY NUTS!;) My brain fog was almost a year ago. I don't know who the new brainiac is ...:D I just know you don't have to be a genius to do it. I was typing away in my profile ... just happy as can be, putting some thing really cute in my signature block and hit return ... As I looked up I just barely caught the dialog box that says ..."Your new password will be sent to you ... :eek:!!! Too late at that point. Rich took mercy on me ...

Back