Webley Mk VI frame?

Just a frame?
You might try an auction sight looking for a parts gun.
Other then that, I don't have any ideas. Webley hasn't built any since, at least the end of WW2, if not the 1920s.
Good luck.

Just a frame?

You might try an auction sight looking for a parts gun.

Other then that, I don't have any ideas. Webley hasn't built any since, at least the end of WW2, if not the 1920s.

Good luck.

That’s what I was afraid of. Do you have any recommendations for good auction sites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The .455 Mk VI? pretty sure production ended before WWII. They were WWI guns, and a substitute standard in WWII, the standard was the .38/200 which is a different gun.

Ok, just checked and have info that says some No1 Mk VI were produced after WW I, can't find when production was actually stopped but seems to be before WWII, and the gun was officially declared obsolete in 1947.

Also, if you're looking to build a Webley, from parts collected as you can get them, its going to be a challenge even if you get all the parts, as they were hand fitted. I found a warning to keep extractors with their cylinders if disassembling several guns at once, as the extractors were fitted to their cylinders, and are not interchangeable. Possible a number of other parts are the same way. So, you might not be able to fit the parts properly if they come from different guns.

Under US law, the serial#'d frame IS the gun for legal purposes, so even if you find a frame you are legally buying another gun. I expect it would be easier to find a complete working gun for sale. Most of the MK VI's are over 100 years old and the newest ones are pushing that. Guns aren't quite "unobtainium" but some original parts, are.

Good Luck!

Sound like unless your Webley is an heirloom or has some kind of sentimental value it probably easier to buy a complete one and sell off you other parts if you want a working one.

Back