Webley Full Frame army express and RIC need parts

brw

All

Found a couple of antiques and am in need of a few springs does anyone out there know of a stash or if possible any other parts that might work as replacements ? Appreciate any comments

I am guessing they are flat springs? It is pretty simple to make flat springs. My dad taught me to do it when I was a kid. We used scrap steel like hacksaw blades but you can buy spring stock from Brownells. There are YouTube videos of how to do it. Better if you have the pieces of the old springs so you know the shape and thickness. Plus you will have the pride of doing it yourself. It is really some of the most basic gunsmithing you can do.

To replace springs on antique items, you may need to first determine the type and size of spring you need. In some cases, universal springs may be suitable as a replacement. However, it is important to note that they may not provide a perfect fit and will require some adjustment.

Several years ago, I took an antique (I mean really antique, like 1870 something) revolver to a local gunsmith. It had a broken mainspring. He said, don't worry, mainsprings are easy. After much delay, and several attempts by him, it still still did not really work. I finally sent it to another person I found online, who specialized in antiques. Unfortunately, that person is out of business now. Bottom line is, mainsprings for antiques are not necessarily easy.

Back