Webley-Fosbery

mete

Came across this photo of Sean Connery with a Webley-Fosbery automatic revolver Don't remember the name of the futuristic movie or a second movie of the Mexican Revolution where he carries and fires a W-F . :D

Attachments

• 340x.jpg
    340x.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 92
I'm not going to open the photo, because if it's the movie I think it is, it's a photo of Sean Connery in a banana-hammock, and there are at least a dozen people who can see my screen right now.:)

If so, the movie is Zardoz.

Ahh, the Webley Fosbery automatic revolver. Ugly even by the standards of Webley. But fascinating to watch it operate.

There was a town marshal for a small Sierra town back in the 60's I met once. He carried a .455 Webley...crossdraw. I always wondered if it was because he was good with it, just cheap or a fool (or 2 out of 3). :D

Zardoz was the movie that proved that Sean Connery's agent hated him. And that image is now stuck in my mind. It took long enough for me to recover after watching the movie...now it's all flooding back. It's like cinematic PTSD.

For those who didn't open the link and yet somehow made it this far, look at this instead. Save your eyes...

I saw a WF up close and personal at a gun show last year. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Asked the guy if I could pick it up and he said "certainly". Asked what he wanted for it and he said $35K. :eek::eek::eek:

The W-F is a good example of a non-solution in search of a non-problem, with the disadvantages of both an auto pistol and a revolver and the advantages of neither. But I would love to have one.

Jim

I'm half tempted to use my staff "modfu" powers to remove that photo.

It's truly an offense before man and God.

That said, even though the WF was an answer in search of a question, it should be noted that for some years it own many British target shooting records.

Back