Weaver Grand Slam scope????s

orsogato

Does anybody know if the crosshair adjustments on Weaver's Grandslam scopes are external adjustments, or are they the "screw the cap off and use a quarter" kind of adjustments.

Also, are they 1/4 minute clicks or 1/2 minute clicks??

Thank you.

Orso

The one I looked at (6-20x I believe) had caps but the turrets could be adjusted with your fingers. I think they are all 1/4 moa clicks.

What is the verdict on these scopes. Are they any good. I am contemplating building up a hunting rig for my son. (He is only 3 weeks old, but Dad needs an excuse to by a new rifle and get something that will last until I can outright give it to him when he gets older.)

Here is my plan:

Caliber .260 Rem
Rifle: Either Savage 11G, Rem 700 Mtn. LSS, or Steyr Prohunter.
Scope: looking at this Weaver for a good value, maybe a Burris fullfield.

Thoughts anybody??

Since nobody has addressed your second question, here goes...

I was shopping for a new scope for my .308 when I looked at the most expensive Grand Slam scope. This was the summer of 2000 if I remember right. I took it outside and peeked through it to see how clear it was. The picture was very clear with absolutely no distortion anywhere around the edge of the lens. Colors were very vivid and it was brighter than any other scope I've looked through; save a Leupold or two and possibly my Bausch and Lomb Elite 4200. Keep in mind that these scopes retail for 150-200% of the price of the Grand Slam. Ultimately, I decided on the Weaver V24 which isn't as bright but has larger turrets and was a little cheaper. Keep in mind I don't hunt; I punch paper.

If you are going to use the scope for a hunting rig, I would definitely check it out. The Leupold might be a tad brighter, but for the money, I would not be able to justify the difference. Another advantage that the Grand Slam has is the proven Micro-Trac bearing recticle adjustment system that is used in the T-Series scopes. Dead on tracking and return to zero!

I have never touched a Burris so you may want to get an opinion on them.

Hope that helps.

Back