weatherbySA08 problem

stevewarden

Inactive
just bought new sao8 20ga synthetic put it together according to manual everything went well until i locked the bolt back with side button bolot will not release! any suggestions before i have to send it to california?

Some things can be done over the internet....some not..../ ...this could be any number of things....

...my advice is to take it to a local shop that has a gunsmith and ask them to take a look at it ---see if its something simple...

....or talk to some of your buddies at the local range...see if they can see anything obvious...

Since you mention California I assume you called the service center. Did anyone attempt to tell you what to try to fix it or did they just say send it to them? I would ask them if there isn't someone there that can talk you thru fixing the problem. It seems to be brand new. If you bought it locally I would take it to the seller and see if they can fix it. If the service center is not very helpful, ask if they can't send you to a local place for repairs.

You may want to take a look at this. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-643149.html

take it back from where you bought it and demand a refund. Or, maybe call Weatherby and ask for their advice. They are good people. Maybe something very simple, which I'm betting it is...

Back