weatherby Shotguns

Zorro

So.... I have been looking at Weatherby 12 gauge pump shotgun for about 6 months.

The price is $350.

So.... why has no one bought it yet?

Because most people looking for pumps would rather spend less on a less fancy looking Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 that will function just as well.

They are nice shotguns, but they kind of sit in the mid-pack area. $100 more than the utility Mossys and Remmys. For that kind of money, I would choose a Benelli pump.

They are made in Turkey for Weatherby. They are good guns and Weatherby has excellent service should you ever need it.

I bought the PA-08 youth 20 gauge for my wife. It is a beautiful gun, the finish is very nice on both the wood and metal. It has not been shot yet so I can't comment on it that way. The action is very smooth. We have cycled and dry fired with snap caps.

The gun is compact and lightweight. I believe the receiver is aluminum. I do expect it to recoil a bit, but 20 gauge isn't too bad. I have an old Ithaca 37 20 gauge. That gun is fairly light and shoots very nice.

Without much instruction, my wife can shoulder and aim, swing the weatherby easily. Not so with the Ithaca.

Back