Weatherby SA08 20ga.

redrick

I have been looking for a light semi. auto 20ga. for mainly rabbit hunting .

I have looked and handled most . I liked the Benelli M2 the best , but I just have a hard time paying the price . I also like the Franchi Affinity , but it didn't fit me well . I also tried several versions of the SX3 . I liked the synthetic model , but with a heavy coat it didn't fit me good and I didn't like the feel of the wood model , the forearm feels to thick .

I think I have settled on the SA08 Deluxe . I can have the stock cut down to fit me . My only reservation on it is , I had a 12ga. SA08 synthetic and it would not shoot buckshot POI for me , so I sold it in stead of trying to fix it . I did like how light the recoil felt to me . It was softest shooting shotgun that I have shoot .

Any other direction I should be looking in ?

The SA08 seems like a fine gun. I have my eyes on an Affiniti 20. It fits me and the high rib is like a trap gun which I like. I would just be sure the stock can adjust to fit you.

But, I wanted to get my son an SA08 youth. It was just too expensive and has very few aftermarket parts unlike the 870. But the quality control on the 08 is supposed to be very good.

Back