Weatherby Rifle, Any Good??

Joey

I'm looking for a good hunting rifle (just learning the art of hunting) and Wal-Mart has some Weatherby vanguards?? in both 30-06 and 7mm Rem mag. The price for these rifles is $369.00

Are these a good rifle's and how is this price? Should I get one or pass them up for a better deal??

What kind of glass should I look at for this rifle???

Before you take advice, where are you hunting and what spending end of the spectrum are you on? If your shopping at Wal-Mart your probobly on the cheaper end of things (no offence you'll bump into me there). 30-06 is by far cheaper to shoot and way more plentiful. It will also take all North American big game with the exception of Brown Bear and possibly moose. My personal pick for optics will be higher end Tasco. Have a 6-24x40 on my .300 Win Mag with no problems. I have had Bushnell problems, Redfield failures, and Simmons catastrophies (I hate 'em 3 scopes later). My Tasco on the 300 takes massive recoil abuse as well as hunting abuse and still keeps its zero. I bought another Tasco 4-16x40 for a .223 and am very satisfied with it as well. But if you got the bucks, Leopold or Burris are excellent. But I dont even have the money to say Zeiss or Swarovski which would cost you approximately 4-5 Wal-mart weatherbys just to start in the ballpark. Good Hunting and stay safe

As far as money for a rifle we have somewhere around $500.00 or a tad more depending on the rifle.

I'm in Wyoming right now and the rifle will be used on everything from antelope to elk and possibly moose. I work with some guys who recommend the 300 mag as a minumum due to the long ranges they have shot elk. I've shot a 300 and 338 win mag and the 300 seems to kick quite a bit more than the 338.

We have a Leupold scope on a Rem PSS and am thinking about trying a Buris or another Leupold for whatever rifle we end up with. Here again spending somthing less than $500

Back