Weatherby mark v optics

OttoJara

Hey guys, I have just picked up a Weatherby Mark V in 300 Weatherby Mag for a very good price with 80 rds of ammo. I need to put a new scope on it and I have a very limited budget ($300). I currently have a Burris 3x9x40 Fullfield II on it now, I'm looking for something that will be good to 400+ yards. Any suggestions? TIA

The Burris will do the job... if you can.
There are experienced posters here who will tell you that 10X is enough for any range.

Thanks Jim, I just want to take the most ethical shot everytime. I'm not a great long distance shooter, mostly 150 yards. I know practice is everything and knowing your limits is too. I am going to take this out in a few weeks to see how badass this gun is. I can't wait.

Hoping I don't sound too critical, but it sure would be nice if people would refrain from using the term "badass" on a public forum. A guy can make his points very well without resorting to that term.
Sorry if I got off topic here....
Best of luck with your new rifle....

I'm thinking of getting a Vortex Diamondback 4x12 for this gun. I have a Vortex Strikefire on my AR and love it. Does anyone have a Vortex Diamondback on a magnum rifle like this? What are your experiences, and can it hold zero?

Back