Wearing a VM2: Thread Thru or Snap On?

HKguy9

For the life of me I can't snap on my VM2 on my belt. I ordered a belt in 1.5" from Rafter S and have my VM2 also in 1.5"

The loops are dang near impossible to snap on. How do you put yours on? Loop it through? If you snap it on, any advice?

Love the holster, just a pain to put on....

The 1.5" snap loops on my vm2 just BARELY can be snapped over my 1.25" Rafter S belt. I believe I measured the width on my belt to be about 1/16" of an inch over 1 1/4, so perhaps their belts run slightly wide. They are thick, too - that may be a factor here as well.

I was going to order some 1 1/4" loops for my vm2, but the 1.5 seem to be just perfect.

Perhaps you should call Milt Sparks and order some 1 3/4" loops for yours, I think they run $15.

Also, keep in mind they are one-way snaps - you have to start it on the bottom of the snap then push it up over the top.

I have no problem snapping the loops on 1.5" loops on my VM2 over the 1.5" wide belt; but I got the belt from Milt Sparks as well.

My guess is that it is a manufacturer difference (wider or thicker belt?) and you'll either need wider loops from Sparks or a Sparks belt.

The snaps on the VMII are one-way snaps. You have to start applying pressure from the bottom (just above the belt) and then press upward toward the top of the snap. Of course, if the belt is too wide to allow the bottom-up procedure, it ain't gonna work. :p

Mac

When I first got my VM2 it was a real pain to get it snapped on over my belt. After about six months of use, I noticed that it had become easy. I don't know if the snaps needed to loosen up a little bit or if I developed the proper technique (probably a combination of both!) :D The belt straps have also become more flexible which could be another factor.

In any event, it's an excellent holster. Don't write it off until you've had a chance to break it in a little bit.

Tom

Back