Weapons chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
We built a double one to coyote hunt from. It works great especially for me I scan with a weapons mounted NV

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

"...Poor(?) mans' tank..." Poor man's 'technical'. Available at Mogadishu Toyota dealers. snicker.
That pintle mount is decidedly unstable. Needs to be a solid bar, not angle iron.

I'd rather have the military 3 barrel Gatling gun, .50 cal and light enough to put on my pickup ! :p

It's not angle iron. Its a 60 Pintle in a bushing with a KNS 30 cal. Block that bolts to any picitiny rail. I contacted the builder and they are only 1700 for chair and mounts. It turns 360 degrees and only takes up a 2.5 foot , foot print. It weights 135 pounds with out gun. I would say for Joe public that's a hell of a deal

I could put together a lot better shooting platform for that 30-06 in the back of a truck. Shooting as fast as she was does not make for real good accuracy! I wouldn't have one! Well, unless I lived in Mogadishu!

Huh......She has never shot a rifle before. I put her in the chair told her what to do and she did it. The bolt gun she is using is a 30-06. no recoil on her. The chair took it all. It was meant to be bolted down to a truck, side by side, ATV, roof top, anywhere you can mount something 2 foot by 2 foot wide. Now with a 360 degree swivel and you can mount up to a Barrett 50 semi auto well good luck with what ever you make..

In stead of poopooing it why not ask me questions about how its made and for what it was made for. That's what I would be doing.

EOD noted:
I contacted the builder and they are only 1700 for chair and mounts. It turns 360 degrees and only takes up a 2.5 foot , foot print. It weights 135 pounds with out gun. I would say for Joe public that's a hell of a deal

I'm with Don. I don't see the utility for the price and likely mounting issues for Joe Public.
For $1700 there are more efficient or automated solutions.

Sorry but you asked

Where I live, it's illegal to shoot from a vehicle...

But if it weren't....Na. Looks like a Poor Man's Technical (even poorer than the Somalis...)

Do you mean illegal to hunt from a vehicle . Or both hunt from and recreationally shoot from too. In AZ I can shoot targets from a vehicle just can't take the life of a animal from a vehicle unless I'm handicap with a permit

Just do a Google or Bing search for "shooting chair" and you'll find MANY types and prices sold by Amazon, Cabela's, Optics Planet, Ebay, and many others.

These range in prices from around $50, and up. They are neither rare nor unusual.
You can even buy plans to build your own.

I just wanted to know what TXAZ had that was better then the chair I put up. There are plenty on static chairs and benches but I wanted TXAZ to put up what he thought was better than this one.

EOD1 asked:

Do you mean illegal to hunt from a vehicle . Or both hunt from and recreationally shoot from too. In AZ I can shoot targets from a vehicle just can't take the life of a animal from a vehicle unless I'm handicap with a permit

In Nevada:

NRS 202.287: A person who is in, on or under a structure or vehicle and who maliciously or wantonly discharges...a firearm within or from the structure or vehicle:
(a) If the structure or vehicle is not within an area designated by city or county ordinance as a populated area for the purpose of prohibiting the discharge of weapons, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
(b) If the structure or vehicle is within an area designated by city or county ordinance as a populated area for the purpose of prohibiting the discharge of weapons, is guilty of a category B felony...

These are the exceptions:

3. The provisions of this section do not apply to:
(a) A person who lawfully shoots at a game mammal or game bird pursuant to subsection 2 of NRS 503.010.
(b) A peace officer while engaged in the performance of his or her official duties.
(c) A person who discharges a firearm in a lawful manner and in the course of a lawful business, event or activity.

And of course, it depends on what is understood by police/courts to be meant by maliciously or wantonly. By exception (b), it seems legal for a peace officer to maliciously or wantonly shoot from a vehicle...

Regarding hunting, there are exceptions for disabled persons, but in general:

NRS 503.010: Except as otherwise provided [for disabled persons]...it is unlawful to shoot at any game mammals or game birds with a weapon from an aircraft, helicopter or motor-driven vehicle.

NRS 503.165: It is unlawful to carry a loaded rifle or loaded shotgun in or on any vehicle which is standing on or along, or is being driven on or along, any public highway or any other way open to the public.

NRS 503.175: Unless a greater penalty is provided...a person who discharges a firearm from, upon, over or across any federal highway, state highway...or main or general county road...is guilty of a misdemeanor.

So, I guess it would be legal to shoot from a vehicle on private property, but otherwise, I wouldn't risk it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back