weapons and autos

loknload

When you carry and you enter someplace where you can't what are your feelings of leaving your piece in your locked vehicle?
My current truck has no lockable compartments inside so I really don't like doing that even though it wouldn't matter if the truck was stolen. I really don't like doing it at all.
What are your thoughts?

Happy Shooting :)

------------------
Help Stamp Out Gun Ignorance.

This all depends - the place that said no guns... do they have a metal detector or not?
:)

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

I understand your frustration. Depending on where you live, leaving a firearm in your car unsecured can get you in a great deal of trouble, or to say the least cause anxiety. There are several manufactures out there that have lockable safes with keys and quick action combination locks to allow opening without looking. These can all be attached to your truck or car in various place. Mossberg comes to mind immediately, as does gun vault. I picked up a small combo lock box that has a cable to secure it in various places and is portable. May not keep them from stealing the whole thing, but it might slow them down a little, and provide me some possible litigation protection.

Thanks for the thoughts, Employer says no firearms on the premises, you would be subject to termination. So if I carry I have a concealable hideaway in the vehicle,but limits to what I can carry. Have given thoughts to one of those portable lockers.

Happy Shooting :)

------------------

When I have no real choice, I unload the gun, lock it in the (mumble) and take the magazine with me. I figure if the gun is stolen, it's not gonna do the goblin any good without the mag.

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

Since your employer doesn't allow guns on the premises, you shouldn't need a gun, right? Nobody bad will have one either... Afterall, they're not allowed, right?

You are right, But what about between home and work befor and afterwards? Leaving work at 3 in the morning ? Just would feel better knowing that it was not staying in a car locked on a unsecured parking lot.

------------------

Back