We need your Talon range report.

Well, I posted here two weeks ago asking folks about any experiences with the Talon (particularly the T200B 9mm Black model) and got absolutely no replies, so I assumed that folks just don't yet have experience with this pistol. Back track in the posts and you are liable to find mine. My pistol ... in the 49xx series range ... is off at Talon, Inc. right now being serviced following severe problems with the pistol following the first cleaning and 100 rounds. I haven't yet received my pistol back or heard from them so I cannot yet comment on customer service or problem resolution. I can state that, for me anyway, this pistol was a disappointment out of the box but I'm willing to eat those words and praise Talon if they come through with customer service. My initial impressions were "y'all don't purchase this pistol."

I bought one of these last summer, but did not shoot it until late last year. Sadly, it was a jam-o-matic. Out of 50 rounds, I do not think I had more than 1 occurence of consecutive shots without a jam. I sent it back to the factory and got it back about a month ago. Last weekend, I took it to the range again, locked the slide back, and inserted the clip. The slide would not even go forward. I tried it several times and still nothing. After getting home, I field-stripped it and gave it a more thorough cleaning. When I put it back together, I loaded the magazine and inserted it into the pistol and this time, the slide did close, so maybe it just needed a good cleaning. Still, a gun out of the box should not need tender loving care to function properly. I'll give it one more try, but if it still fails to function, it'll be going back to the store for a Romanian PPK.

My step dad bought one of these in 9mm this weekend at a gun show. He only paid $130 for it. My initial impression was that it has some issues. The slide to frame fit was extremely loose. When I tried to chamber a round for the first time, the bullet jammed and would not chamber properly. After clearing the jam, the same thing occurred on my next 2 attempts to chamber a round. Finally, by working the slide back and forth, I was able to get a round loaded.

The Talon's trigger is long and very heavy (I'm guessing about 15 lbs). It was hard to tell how accurate the gun is, since I'm used to a much lighter trigger.

If the gun chambered more reliably, and if the trigger were lighter, this would probably be a good little gun.

[Edited by Hays on 03-02-2001 at 09:43 PM]

Back