• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

We Need A User Feedback Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashland73

Just like the retailer forum we need a specific individual trader forum. That way everyone can tell who is and who aint a good trader. On another forum, non gun, by each name when you post you have a rating. Or you can click on a persons name and they are rated only by people that have done trades. If you would like to check it out type in or copy and paste; www.rcuniverse.com and do some serfin and you will se how it is done. Mod's, I would think this would be a good idea. If you need more info just email me and I would be more than happy to help you see what I mean. thanks

Refrences are like a child if they ate the chocolate and they say no but there it is all over there face. They think no one see's it but there it is. LOL! What I mean is it would be a good thing to have, for a peice of mind. A guy can say (who lives 6 or more states away) that my next door neighbor can vouch for me or someone on this or other boards could vouch for them but how can you tell if they arent just friends or payed off to say it? Most places I deal with have it to when you sell something you get rated by each other who was in the sale. Then when someone sees what you have for sale then they feel better seeing that you have a few positive feedbacks when they are about to fork over anywhere from $50 to $500. I havent had no bad dealings here, in fact I just bought 2 Ruger factory folding stocks from only pictures. One from here and one from another site. I just held my breth, asked the good Lord to help me not get screwed and so far so good. I got them both without a hitch. Anyway, it is just a thought. A good thought for those who wish to have a piece of mind.

Crashland73 said:
Most places I deal with have it to when you sell something you get rated by each other who was in the sale.
We have a forum for feedback called the Retail Deals and Feedback Forum. Though not specifically intended for feedback on private transactions, some members do leave feedback on their fellow members when a transaction has either pleased or upset them.

If the mission of TFL was to match up buyers and sellers, I could see having a rating system. Since it's not, we don't.

I hope this answers your question. :)

-Dave

Just forget it. The other forums I am talking about arent for just sellers and buyers either. They have a HUGE selection for all but nevermind.

Crashland-
OK, you've convinced us to take a second look at this.

The software we use is vBulletin. Get together a group of programmers to create a hack and we'll review, test and, perhaps, install.

Alternatively, if you'd prefer that we do it, you can PayPal us the necessary funds for development and we'll get right on it. Email me for a pricing proposal.

Looking forward to the improvement.
Rich

Yup.
I figgered, once we got down to brass tacks, you might forget it. :D
Take what's given free with a simple "thank you" for the value received. Giving back requires your own effort. ;)
Rich

Ahh! I love the way people say things on a forum they wouldn't in person.
It's always good for a chuckle.

listen sucker, email me direct and I can give you my directions to my place. i aint no coward. I aint too big either. only 5'8" 175lbs soaking wet. So if you feel froggy come on over, just email me. I thought I would try an idea, that is what this forum is all about. So big man come on. All you know is keyboard kungfoo. (not you dasmi) I doubt I will be replying any time soon, I just unsubscribed from this battle of wits with an unarmed person such as yourself.

lolup.gif
ROTFLMAO! For real!
lolup.gif

<scratches head>

Born , raised, living in AR. THIS Southern Gentleman was taught when on another's property - to respect the Property Owner's Wishes.

My Elders and Mentors taught me, to listen, pay attention. Reading Folks by the way they carried themselves, would advise me as to whether doing bidness,hunting, fishing with them was safe for me to do so.

Pitching in to mend a fence, bailing hay, blowing up Beaver dams just something one does to repay the courtesy to use the property.

listen sucker, email me direct and I can give you my directions to my place. i aint no coward. I aint too big either. only 5'8" 175lbs soaking wet. So if you feel froggy come on over, just email me. I thought I would try an idea, that is what this forum is all about. So big man come on. All you know is keyboard kungfoo. (not you dasmi) I doubt I will be replying any time soon, I just unsubscribed from this battle of wits with an unarmed person such as yourself.

Ya Rich! Be a man!! Go fight him!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back