wax bullets and crayons

BJung

I was in a Dollar Store yesterday to save some money and noticed the 62 piece Chinese made crayon sets. Those things don't color well and are hard. Then I thought to myself, can't I cut them down to size and force them through my .38 Lee sizer?? Has anyone shot crayons before?

Wax bullet no. But I have shot hot glue bullets, with and without powder. It was interesting but had no practical use.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back around 1961 I sort of got into the fast draw craze. Decided that while it was fun, paying for repairs on Colt revolvers was getting out of hand. One phase of the game though was the wax shoot and walk and draw wax. I had to enlarge the flash holes on the brass so that the primers would give sufficient push to the wax and keep the primes from backing out and jamming the gun.
Paul B.

Back around 1961 I sort of got into the fast draw craze. Decided that while it was fun, paying for repairs on Colt revolvers was getting out of hand. One phase of the game though was the wax shoot and walk and draw wax. I had to enlarge the flash holes on the brass so that the primers would give sufficient push to the wax and keep the primes from backing out and jamming the gun.
IIRC, most of us used parafine canning wax for bullets. I don'tknow if crayons would work but tere is no reason nt to try.o
Paul B.

I would think melting the crayon to a depth of about half inch or so in a shallow pan and then setting the cases mouth down and letting the mess cool would be easier that "sizing".

That's if you are doing primer only loads, open up the flash holes for shotgun 209 primers.

Back