Wasn’t Looking, But Found A Keeper!

mk70ss

So over Thanksgiving, I stopped into a gun shop in Maine, and saw a cool SAA. It was an Uberti with a 3 1/2 inch barrel, nice grips, and a unique hammer. Priced at $420 with box and papers, gun looked unfired and in mint condition. Dealer told he bought several Ubertis at the SHOT show that were unfired demo guns. I had it sent to my FFL and picked it up today. Saved about $250 over new.

Last edited:
Internal safety hammer, but I’m OK with it because now I can carry 6 rounds on our trail rides.

Last edited:
I've been reading a lot of flak on these forums regarding Uberti's new safety hammer/firing pin innovation. At first I recoiled away from any interest in that model. But then, I remember when Ruger came out with their New Model Blackhawks, and I took the same attitude, "Not for me!"

But I finally gave in and bought one of New Models, and danged if I didn't fall in love with that thing!

O.K. So I'm not into Cowboy Action Shooting, and could care less about how "authentic" a Single Action might,or might not, be. Load five rounds, cock the hammer, line up the sights and squeeze. That bullet didn't care what action the gun had as it found its way downrange.

Sure, I still like the old Colt style Single Actions, but the bottom line is bullets on target. Give the new kid on the block a try. You just might like it.

Bob Wright

Looks like a VERY nice handgun. (And a SUPERB price on it too.)

You'll come back with a range report won't you?

Nice! Does look like a keeper... Hope it shoots well for you :) . Looking forward to the range report.

Bob, My 'slant' on the subject... I have my Ruger .45s with transfer bars and enjoy them, really enjoy them... But when I finally get a 'Colt' Single Action wanna-be, I want it to be as authentic as possible... Just like it used to be. I would think these six-guns would be true reproductions... Obviously not with a transfer bar... This is one reason I really like my cap/ball Walker, 1851, 1860 Colt open top revolvers. Even the ROA. The sound, the feel, the way you have to load them and shoot them is as close as it gets. And, in my mind, I will shoot straight BP cartridge loads in the Colt six-gun too! Again, I have all my Ruger six-guns for the smokeless powder shooting I like to do!

That's a handsome piece. Should have gotten a Uberti instead of a Ruger Vaquero. Having to manually align the cylinder to the gate for loading and unloading for the vaquero was a pain. (2 digit serial number prefix) Don't get me started on the assembly/disassembly procedure.

Got rid of that and never owned another single action revolver. pity !

Beautiful! I need to add a single action to my small collection. I had a New model Black Hawk a while ago and I am getting the itch again.

Back