Wards Western Field

ratman12

Inactive
:) Hello. I like so many others have inherited guns from relatives that have passed on. I have one in particular that is in need of repair due to the fact my father left some cartridges in it for an unknown period of time and now will not function properly. What I have is a Wards Western Field 12 gauge semi-auto, model 600A ERI. It has the vented ribbed 26 inch barrel. When it did function properly it was one heck of a shooter. My main question here is this, does anyone know where one can find a parts catalog for that make and model? And also does anyone else have one of these guns themselves? Thanks in advance. BTW, this site makes for good reading.

Ron

:) Hi Scorch. Thank you for the reply on my question. I have had several people wanting to buy this gun. I just have to tell them it ain't for sale. Again thanks and have a good day.

Ron

take a look at this first

I have one of these guns and always thought is was a Model 58 as well. Heck, everything on the net says that. But I ran across another forum a while back that says otherwise. Check out this page. Look at the bottom right of the page. This book states that the gun is actually based on the Remington 878. Nevertheless, it's kind of unique.

http://books.google.com/books?id=jA...8vGwCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=6&ct=result

Last edited:
Hello and thanks for the e-mail. That article describes the gun I have the most accurate I have seen yet. Right down to the intricate pattern on the grip. And it was about then, 1967, that my father bought the gun. They had just come out with it and we were in town at the time on a Friday night, which at that time was a treat to us cause we lived in the country and I was only 8 years old at the time, 49 now. Anyways, thanks again for the info as it is very useful in my quest to have it fixed and firing again. Have a good day and a safe one as well.

Ron

Back