War Zone on US Streets

Status
Not open for further replies.
i always thought these things went down pretty quick--Drive by, done.
All the shooting in the vid is pretty unnerving.

That is scary... What would one do in that situation? Suppose a shootout of that magnitude was occurring literally in your backyard. Would you try and leave the area, or hunker down?

I believe I would hunker down, but I have never given much thought to it.

yep, bunker down and keep to the far side of the building if possible.

my cousin and her ex lived in cincinnati and their house ended up in the crossfire of a gang battle.
her ex drug the fridge next to the stove as they were the sturdiest things in the apartment.

they had a few windows shot out, and a hole in the sink, but none came near them.

If I wound up in a firefight between two gangs, I'd be down and out!
Get DOWN and/or get OUT!

As they say: the best place to be in a shooting is somewhere else.

If I wound up in a firefight between two gangs, I'd be down and out!

Good point - as I pointed out though, this particular incident was not gang-related at all. According to that news report (which has been updated a lot since I first posted the link) it was a lone gunman shooting at the police. They now suspect he had some kind of political motive.

I am amazed that in areas such as Oakland, police (the non-SWAT street beaters) do not have helmets in their patrol. If they feel it's necessary to get their rifle or shotgun from the trunk, a helmet just makes good sense.

There is a surplus of PASGT and ACH units (with nape protection) that are new or practically new, now that the USMC has moved on to the Lightweight Helmet.

Wandering.... Aimlessly.... Without purpose....

This is why we frown on drive-bys guys. It's a news article (how many per day in the USA? ;)) There's no focus here, nothing specific as to tactics or training, nor anything specific to discuss.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back