wanting history /info on "Streetsweepers"

Robe

I'm trying to learn about streetsweepers and would like any info available on them. If anyone has any information (good or bad) please passit on. I would like to buy one and don't know very much at all about them.

IIRC there were two different similar-looking firearms sold in the USA that meet your rotary cylinder designation that were in common circulation. There was the Streetsweeper and the Striker 12. The Striker 12 was a South African import and I believe the Streetsweeper was homegrown, though I may be wrong. The parts are not interchangeable. There were also some other rotary cylinder shotguns on the market, usually on gov't letterhead only though. The Manville series was interesting. Made in both handgun and longarm forms.
All of the rotary cylinder shotguns require a special licensing as they are not considered sporting firearms and are considered destructive devices.

fal308, you are correct! The Street Sweeper was manufactured by Sales of Georgia located in Atlanta, GA and the Striker 12 was imported from Armsel in South Africa. Because of the 1994 Crime Bill, neither can be manufactered or imported into the USA.

Steve Mace

------------------
After today, its all historical

As I recall, the concept and development started in South Africa. The shotgun's drum was rotated manually by a vertical foregrip held by the weak hand.

The drum of the Streetsweeper, as I remember, has a spring that needs to be wound up like a clock so that it will rotate 'semi-automatically' when in the gun and fired. The keep the spring from gaining any memory when the drum mag is fully loaded, just don't wind it up until needed.

The South African model didn't require any springs as it was manually turned after each shot like a pump gun.

------------------
- Ron V.

Thanks, everybody. I have learned alot with just a few posts. These forums are amazing help.

by the way these shotguns, are considered destructive devices, getting one is the same as getting a machine gun now.

------------------
Dead [Black Ops]

Back