Want to get your take on an AOW argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom1956

So I stumbled across a video on Youtube :rolleyes: that pertained to the Draco pistol.

Long story short They had installed MI Rails and had a magpul AFG on it. A pistol with a foregrip becomes an AOW, now if its a properly licensed AOW no issue but it wasn't mentioned in the video what so ever. So for the sake of keeping people out of prison and trouble with the ATF I mentioned that in the comments.

I got the usual screaming name calling death threats and what not.

But one person said he didnt feel that a AFG qualified as a 'foregrip.' I totally disagree 100% but I thought I would ask here to satisfy my curiosity.

Last edited by a moderator:
But one person said he didnt feel that a AFG qualified as a 'foregrip.' I totally disagree 100% but I thought I would ask here to satisfy my curiosity.
The actual wording is "vertical foregrip." The AFG isn't really "vertical." That said, the ATF hasn't put in their two cents yet.

the ATF hasn't put in their two cents yet

and THAT is really what counts. If the AFT declares a 40 degree angle to fall within the definition of vertical, then that's what it is--until a court decides otherwise.

risk-reward analysis applies here, I would think.

Yes, as far as I know it is legal to have the Angled ForeGrip, but not a Vertical ForeGrip of any kind. I made sure of that, and the preceeding documents above definitively confirms this.

Which is why I have the Magpul AFG on my Draco AK. :D

Lots of open class pistols in the Bianchi cup use an angled forward bar with a flat on the bottom as a finger grasp. If those don't count as a vertical foregrips I doubt that anyone could ever consider the angled thing from magpul a vertical foregrip.

I'd never put any kind of forward grip on my Draco. Way too easy to have legal issues. They'd seem like it'd just get in the way anyways. Got a red dot for a dust cover mount awaiting to be installed and gonna get a single point sling.

And the ATF is always so clear on their rules and never changed their mind. And with my luck, I'd run into a cop that knows about the vertical grip thing but not the ATF ruling on a specific product. I'll make the arresting officer reads the link to the ATF ruling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back