want .45, charles daly EFS or CZ 97B?

johnAK

hi
I want to have .45, currently have .22 ruger and makarov,
I know you might say get a HK or kimber, but those are expensive.
CD EFS or CZ 97's price seems good and i think i heard some good things about those.
any opinion?
thanks

How big is your hand? The CZ is the better made gun from a quality control standpoint, but it has a long trigger reach that requires a big hand. The single action is not going to be as crisp as the 1911, but it's a DA/SA pistol so thats no surprise. Parts will be harder to come by then the 1911.

The 1911 is slimmer and slightly smaller, and CD quality is hit or miss, but they can make a pretty good 1911. I would throughly check out a CD first hand before purchase and replace the mags with Wilson, Chip McCormick or Metalform mags right away.

Really depends on what you prefer.

When I was looking for a .45, I considered a CD also, but compared to the 97 it paled. The CZ is just a much better gun, so that's what I got. I love it.

I shot a Charles Daly last week for the first time. The guy next to me at the range was making cloverleaf groups at 15yds. I asked what he was shooting, and he sang the praises of his Charles Daly .45

He had done a little work to it. Adjustable sights, stippled grip, but stock barrel. Quality handloads.

He let me shoot it. Handled well. Shooting offhand, I did a little worse than with my BHP. Normal for first time on a new handgun.

When he was shooting from a rest, though, his 15 yard groups were a thing of beauty.

I have no experience with the CZ.

the fact I gathered so far is
charles daly: proven 1911 design, made in phillippine( a little bit uncomfortable), 7 rounds
CZ: proven CZ quality, first .45 design for CZ( also a little bit uncomfortable), 10 rounds(this is big factor here in Kali, 10 shot .45 is better than 10 shot 9mm)
Anyone knows if both has chrome bore like my Mak?

CZ-97 is a low-maintainance product. You can be almost sure you'll not spend money on spare parts, except may be extra magazines. On the other hand, 1911 type just "asks" for some
improvements, even if you do not need them...I think as a utility .45, CZ is better, although at this time there is very limited potential in making it a competion pistol.

Back