Want 45 ACP and 9 mm revolver?

shawn

Ok, Ok ... I am a pistol guy, but I have fun when I shot a wheel guns.

Currently I am shooting my 1911 twice a week and my CZ-85 sees light about once a month. I wanted to stay with the 45 ACP and 9 mm since I already buy those in bulk and I don't want to store and carry another caliber.

I don't know about any 9mm revolvers but I was looking at a *&* 625 with a bunch of moon clips.

What are my alternatives? Cost points? Where should I buy one?

The 45 ACP will be for competition and possible home defense. The 9mm could be carry, depending on size.

S-
shawn

SA Ruger New Model Blackhawk Convertible Revolver
(BN34X) - 357 MAG but comes with 9mm cylinder

SA Ruger New Model Blackhawk Convertible Revolver
(BN44X & BN455X) - 45 Colt but comes with 45 ACP cylinder

There are some other single action revolvers (like Uberti) that come with dual 45 Colt/45 ACP cylinders. I have one that I bought before Ruger came out with theirs and if I was going to do it again today I'd go with the Ruger.

The best 45 ACP would be the *&* 625 which I have a hankering for as well. Try some of the online auctions for a used one. They show up once in awhile. I'll probably be bidding against you :D

Your options for a carry gun in 9mm revolver would be:

S&W 547 K frame (3" round butt and 4" square butt versions were made).

S&W 940 J-frame.

Ruger SP 101

A number of other double-action 9mm models have been made by both S&W and Ruger, but all are, IIRC, all off the market.

"S&W 547 K frame (3" round butt and 4" square butt versions were made)"

If this is the gun I was reading about recently, in an old gun rag, it was made in hopes of marketing it to the French. If so, the article says it has a pretty heavy double action trigger meant to pop the hard primers on some European 9mm rounds. It's a neat gun but might require a different spring to lighten the DA trigger. No biggee.

M547 3 inch

I much prefer the 3" round butt over the 4 inch H.B. square butt. I think you would as well...
dewey

The 625 Mountain gun is a great piece..
It was made in 45acp and45colt and they both can't be beat..
Love those N frame 4in. barrel's..

Back